Organised by INRAE-#DigitAg, and the ISPA OFE-C (Int. Society of Precision Agriculture, On-Farm Experimentation Community)
Sponsored by the OECD, the Agropolis Fondation, #DigitAg, the Occitanie region, and Montpellier University of Excellence, Occitanum, Agreenium, RMT Modelia and RMT NAEXUS, INRAE (départements MathNum & AgroEcosystem)
Can we innovate differently in agriculture, by bringing together practitioners and researchers?
Farmer-centric On-Farm Experimentation (OFE) is gaining interest worldwide as a practical mechanism to bridge formal and informal knowledge by embedding research into real-world farm management. A particularly promising avenue for OFE is to use digital technologies to document and support the agro-ecological transition, paving the way to transformational change in agricultural research and innovation.
This conference will provide practitioners and theoreticians with the opportunity to:
– share their global experience of OFE as an innovation pathway
– contribute their insights to explain OFE processes and develop the OFE sciences
– suggest recommendations and guidelines to support OFE implementation and institutionalisation
The #OFE2021 conference outputs will include a OECD-supported report bringing together the lessons learned and the implications for policy linkages, and a book or special issue in an international journal based on the conference proceedings (presentations and posters).
The 4 major themes of the plenary are:
– Value creation
– People and processes
– Data and analytics
– Policy linkages
The production of #OFE2021 will be multiple: a report bringing together the lessons learned and the implications for policy linkages, supported by OECD, and a book or a special issue in a review, based on conference proceedings (presentations and posters).
Subscribe to the Conference News for updates
Poster session: pre-submission is OPEN – Submit your 150-word abstract here
– Pre-conference webinars: May 2021 (dates TBC), 2-hour webinars preparing the 4 themes
– Poster abstracts pre-submission deadline: 15th of June 2021 (150-word abstract)
– Poster selection: 1st of July 2021
– Poster submission deadline: 15th of September 2021
– Conference plenary: 13th and 14th of October 2021 (Covid-19 contingencies will be in place)
– Conference focus group and field tour: 15th of October 2021
- Dr. Véronique Bellon Maurel, INRAE, Director of #DigitAg, France
- Dr. Nicolas Tremblay, International Society of Precision Agriculture (ISPA), Canada
- Prof. Simon Cook, Murdoch University, Centre for Digital Agriculture, Australia