Adrien is one of the #DigitAg co-funded PhDs
Implementation of statistical algorithms for the early detection of pathologies in farm animals
- Start Date: 1st November 2021
- University: University of Montpellier
- PhD School: I2S – Information Structure System
- Field(s): Mathematics, Computer Science
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor: Bertrand Cloez, UMR Mistea, Inrae
- Co-supervisors: JB Menassol, UMR Selmet, Institut Agro
- Funding: #DigitAg- Inrae
- #DigitAg: Axis 6: Modelling and simulation (agricultural production systems), Axis 2: Innovations in digital agriculture, Axis 3: Sensors, data acquisition and management, Challenge 4: ICT and sustainable animal production
Keywords: Process statistics, Clustering – break detection, Stochastic modelling, Individual-centred models, Zootechnics, Animal behaviour.
Abstract: Animal production is one of the most advanced agricultural sectors in terms of ICT, with new geolocation sensors that are read daily and at high frequency. These productions could thus benefit in terms of connected health and well-being. The use of these new sensors creates the need for new methodologies, such as modelling social interactions from spatio-temporal data including advanced statistical inferences, to produce more accurate predictive information in real-time. The objective of this thesis is, therefore, to establish a realistic model of animal movement, taking into account the different characteristics of the species studied and the environment in which they evolve, and to create a statistical model from the movement model and to implement it in order to use these new high-frequency sensors.
Contact: adrien.cotil [AT] inrae.fr – Phone: (0033) 184.108.40.206.64